The Hamilton Media Advisory Council (HMAC) is putting on yet another Story Meeting for the city of Hamilton on May 28, 2015. Members of the community are encouraged to come out and share their stories with the local media.
Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind for anyone interested in participating:
- All Material should relate to media coverage of under-represented communities, as well as race and immigration related coverage
- Subject matter must be respectful of others, and while alternative views or perspectives are welcome, decorum and courtesy is mandatory
- Presenters have 5 minutes or less to present their idea, so the content should be focused and concise
- Presenters should expect to reply to questions, challenges, and probing (of no more than 5 minutes)
- Presenters should prepare a one-page take-away or hand-out to leave with media members (please include contact names, numbers, and credentials)
- Presenters are advised to preregister at firstname.lastname@example.org and arrive an hour early (6 pm)
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in sharing a story that they find relevant and worth sharing with the rest of the Hamilton community. The Assignment Editors, Program Directors, News Directors, Managers, and Publishers of the major media players in the Hamilton area will all be in attendance, and often stories pitched will get covered by one, if not more media outlets.
Whether you’re pitching a story yourself, or just interested in hearing the stories of others, come out to the Hamilton Spectator Auditorium (44 Frid St.) at 7 pm on Thursday, May 28.
Click on the link below to hear from Thanh Campbell, community member of the HMAC, about the free event.