For the past 60 years, Wesley Urban Ministries has offered daily support to children, youth, adults, and seniors living in poverty in Hamilton.
For the 24th year, Wesley is inviting you to help out their cause by joining the walk to end child poverty! The annual Case for Kids Walk, Run, Ride is on Sunday, June 7th, 1:00 – 3:00 pm at Bayfront Park in Hamilton.
To Sponsor, register a team, or to make a donation to Case For Kids, you can check out their website. With their fundraising expenses at a low 3%, you can be assured that your donation will make a difference in the lives of children and youth living in poverty.
Soon after the walk, Wesley will begin the celebrations for their 60th anniversary, with 6 special events:
- World Refugee Day Art Show: Saturday, June 20, 2015, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Tourism Hamilton at The Lister Block, 28 James Street North, Hamilton, Ground Floor. Everyone is welcome!
- Canada Day Picnic: Friday, June 26, 2015, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Eastwood Park, 111 Burlington St East, Hamilton (Rain location is 155 Queen Street North). For Wesley’s children and family program participants.
- Tai Chi and Tea: Saturday, July 18, 2015, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Beasley Community Centre, 145 Wilson Street, Hamilton. Everyone is welcome to watch the senior’s tai chi group, join in, and have tea!
- Youth Basketball Game: Tuesday August 25, 2015, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, 155 Queen Street North. For Wesley’s youth program participants.
- Gala Dinner: Thursday September 17, 2015, doors open at 4:45 pm, Wesley Day Centre, 195 Ferguson Avenue North. A special dinner will be served to Wesley’s Housing & Homelessness participants. This event is by invitation only. To sponsor this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905 528 5629.
- Wesley 60th Anniversary Open House: Wednesday September 23, 2015, 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm, 52 Catharine Street North. Presentation at 6:00 pm. This is a special event for Wesley’s donors, funders and community partners. Please RSVP to email@example.com or 905 528 5629.
To hear Wesley’s very own Andrea Buttars, Manager of Resource Development, talk about the work they’re doing and their upcoming events, check out the sound clip below.