On June 3rd, 2015, the Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) Hamilton will be hosting the first Educational Muslim Achievement Awards Night (EMAAN).
EMAAN was first established in 2002 in Edmonton, with the purpose of celebrating student achievements and accomplishments. Throughout the night on Wednesday, high school students of Hamilton will be recognized in all aspects of life, including academic, community service, and leadership.
Students who have achieved academic excellence will be presented with trophies, and 8 scholarships of $500 each will be awarded in the following areas:
- MSA (Muslim Students Association) of the Year Award
- High School Award of Excellence (excellence in academics, volunteerism, and leadership)
- Athlete of the Year Award
- Community Leadership Award
- Journalism and Literature Award
- Visual Arts Award
- Scientific Innovation Award
- Qur’anic Recitation Award
The Gala Dinner will also be featuring a live musical performance, and a keynote speaker – community leader and five time professional world middleweight kickboxing champion, Muzammal Nawaz.
If you’re interested in attending the Awards Night, you can buy your tickets online or at the door. The event will be held at Carmen’s Banquet Centre (1520 Stone Church Rd E), tomorrow night at 6:30 – 10:00 pm.
Click on the sound clip below to hear from the chair of the EMAAN Hamilton Committee, Khurram Khan, on the morningfile.