- Summer orientation is kicking off this Monday, July 6th, with Summer Orientation for Academic Readiness, more commonly known as SOAR. This program is all online and includes videos, interviews, live chats, and blogs, from faculty members, campus leaders, and McMaster Students. Each week there will be a new topic covered, and all content can be accessed through the SOAR website.
- Later on in August (7-9), is the MSU Horizons Leadership Conference, a three-day leadership-oriented introduction to campus and university life. Incoming students will need to register for the conference by July 27, and can do so by visiting the Horizons page on the MSU website.
- What once was Welcome Day, is New Marauder Orientation (NMO) on Friday, August 14, a day packed with sessions, workshops and tours of residence, libraries, athletics facilities, and Hamilton hot spots.
- For those who can’t make it out to NMO, Tuesday August 18 will be McMaster’s first Online Orientation Fair.
- The Common Reading Program has selected For Today I Am a Boy as this year’s book, and first year students that register receive a copy of the book for free! Registration opens Thursday, July 2 online.
- Welcome Week ends off the summer, and starts off the school year, August 29 – September 6. It is the most comprehensive orientation program offered at McMaster, with educational seminars and social events that connect students to the Hamilton community, McMaster University, individual Faculties, residence communities or the off-campus society and, most importantly, to other students.
- During Welcome Week, McMaster Outdoor Orientation Student Experience (MOOSE) will run August 31-September 4, allowing students to get to know one another through a wide variety of outdoor activities.
- The orientation continues after Welcome Week for another six weeks with the Fall Learning and Orientation Weeks cluster workshops and services, offered to all undergraduate students. Find out what sessions are offered weekly by checking out the SSC website.
If you’re interested in finding out more about any of the orientation programs, you can visit the SSC website or click on the sound clip below to hear from Jeremy.