Does your summer consist mostly of lounging around and watching Netflix? While that’s certainly super relaxing, it may not be the best use of your time.
Anna Magnotta from the Student Success Centre (SSC) came on the morningfile today to chat about how students can really make the most of their summer, while still having a good time.
Check out these valuable tips she left us with:
- First and foremost, enjoy your summer!
- Find interesting things to do – explore your beautiful city, attend a conference, or check out the numerous festivals taking place all summer long.
- Don’t forget to play on your interests – nothing is due and nothing is required, so let the enthusiasm build from things that you are passionate about.
- Think about how you want to be perceived by potential employers – while networking you want to have something interesting to share to make yourself more memorable.
- Be able to tell your story – reflect on what you’ve done, and what you’ve learnt from it.
- If you go to a conference, or attend a course, be sure to add it to your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Connect formally with people that you meet (e.g. via LinkedIn).
To hear from Anna herself, check out the sound clip below.