If the answer is yes, then you should consider signing up for ‘Be the Recipe for Change’ with YWCA Hamilton! This new initiative of At the Table aims to provide women of the YWCA Transitional Living Program with as many meals as possible through the support of the Hamilton community.
Just gather a group of friends or colleagues and contact YWCA for a culinary experience with a social purpose. There are essentially three ways to participate:
Interactive cooking class with six friends: $300
- Learn to prepare, cook, and present a beautiful meal for 65 women living at YWCA Hamilton.
- Enjoy your chef-inspired meal after the class.
- Make a big impact, but save time. YWCA does all the decision making and grocery shopping.
- Learn some great meal preparation tips from our chef.
- All meal planning, shopping, and cooking will be done by the YWCA Hamilton kitchen staff.
In the restaurant business and want to plan the meal yourself? Be a Guest Chef: $300
To sign up, just visit the Be the Recipe for Change page on the YWCA website, or contact Janice Shearer at 905-522-9922 ext. 314 or email@example.com.
Ingie Metwally had her on the morningfile last week to chat about this new initiative, and you can listen to the sound clip below to learn more!