Seven Sundays is back for its third season this year! The free music concert series starts this Sunday, August 2 and will take place every Sunday until September 6 at the George R. Robinson Bandshell in the scenic Gage Park.
Seven Sundays offers an evening of family-friendly fun and entertainment, starting with dinner from a variety of visiting food trucks, moving on to musical performances in the bandshell — and, in some cases, closing with an outdoor movie screening on a giant inflatable screen.
Food vendors will be set up and ready by 6 pm, and all film screenings will begin as soon as it is dark enough (8:30-9:00 pm, weather permitting).
Below is a list of performances for each Sunday:
- Sunday, August 2: the Spleit String Orchestra
- Sunday, August 9: the Silver Swing Band, followed by Disney Nature’s Monkey Kingdom
- Sunday, August 16: the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, followed by a screening of action-packed sci-fi romp Guardians of the Galaxy
- Sunday, August 23: The Astro Men and guests High Kites, followed by a screening of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ delightful CGI superhero comedy Big Hero 6
- Sunday, August 30: Montreal pop-punks Yardlets and Hamilton indie alt-folk band The Human Orchestra
- Sunday, September 6: art-pop auteur Kathryn Calder (The New Pornographers) and dub poet Michael St. George
So come out this Sunday – and the next 6 Sundays – with a blanket, a chair, and some friends, for a wonderful summer night in our beautiful city.