Attention Hamiltonians! Wondering what to do this Christmas break in the city of Hamilton? Don’t worry, we got you! Here are five places/events happening in Hamilton during this Christmas break.
1) Waterfront Festival of Light: This is one of the best tourist attractions in Hamilton. Brighten up your mood with the lights and beautiful designs. It is totally free and located on Pier 8 which is 58 Discovery Drive. This event goes on until 2017. To find out more information, please visit their website by clicking here!
2) The 8th Annual JR DiGS Acoustic Xmas Concert: Jingle your bells with JR Digs acoustic Christmas concert. There will be several performers including Max Kerman of Arkells, John-Angus MacDonald of The Trews, Wayne Petti of Cuff the Duke, Mike Trebilcock of the Killjoys, Terra Lightfoot, Luke Bentham of The Dirty Nil, Dan Edmonds and Brad Germain! This concert is taking place on December 23rd at 520 Burlington Street East. To find out how to get your tickets and learn more information, please visit their website here!
3) Experience the Tale of “Beauty and The Beast”: A theater performance of beauty and the beast is accurate for Christmas. The magical Disney story of love will bring a heart warming Christmas to you and your family. The show runs till December 31st, 2016 and did I mention, it is also a musical play? How exciting! It is located at the Theater Aquarius on 190 King William Street, Hamilton. To find out more information, visit the website! The tickets are on sale now so grab some while you can!
4) Christmas in the Pioneer Spirit: Experience 19th century Christmas filled with warmth and the uniqueness of this era. As explained by Hamiltonians, “The Gage family home comes alive with evergreen boughs on the mantles and enticing aromas in the air”. This event is opened until December 31st, 2016 and running from 12pm-4pm. It is located at the Battlefield House Museum & Park National Historic Site (77 King street West, Stoney Creek). For more information, checkout their website.
5) Ring in The New Year: A ring in the New year at Durndurn Castle filled with music and the tour of Macnab`s lavish home and a taste of traditional holiday food. The dates for this event is Dec 28th & 29th, 2016 from 7pm-9pm. The location is at the Durndurn National Historic Site (610 York Blvd, Hamilton). Tickets are $27 and pre-registration is required. To find out more information, visit their website.
Lastly, stay safe this holiday & have yourself a very Merry Christmas!
Written By: Tumi Adegoroye